It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rust Prone Areas on a Zx ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:22 pm 

Just wanting to know if there's any places that are prone to rust on a Zx , my cars a late 1995 and underneath is virtually like new other than a VERY small amount of underbody protection cracking slightly near the spare wheel carriage there is no rust at all , I will be treating the underside and cavities though just to be extra safe , prior to getting the Zx I was looking for a 16v Bx but trying to find one with a little corrosion was impossible , they had problems with windscreen surronds rusting , front door pillars rusting badly , the sills where they meet the rear quarter at the back of the rear doors rust too and around the rear exhaust area, even an average Bx with rust issues was getting up in price compared to the Zx with no rust issues , I don't think my wife would have liked the idea of chucking loads of cash at something that wanted lots of welding and bodywork issues , I'm not saying I won't ever get a 16v Bx but only along side the Zx and definetly NOT a replacement for it

Mark

Post subject: Re: Rust Prone Areas on a Zx ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 pm 

there very good for not having that much rust or it just mine and yours that are lucky.mines all wax oil i dont have any rust any were on the car onlyon one of the jacking points and that all ive ever had in 3 plus years

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 pm 

They do seem very well protected against rust , I'm going to invest in some bilt hamber products for the underbody/cavities it's supposed to be the bees knees

Mark

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:45 pm 

sills under those extensions, especially if jacking points have been damaged.

front floor strengthening areas, plus where the front chassis legs join the bottom of the bulkhead/floor.

306 seem to rust in the rear quarters really heavily, but the shape of the ZX quarters seems to make them less prone to this, 306 roofs rot quite badly too, mainly on phase 1 sunroof models, not noticed a ZX like this yet though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:36 pm 

sills sills sills!

no excuse if you remove the rear door cards you can see right into the sills, have a look and treat it.

Previous
Xsara VTS Phase 2 - LD51 UKK
ZX16v - K732 HTO scrapped :-(
ZX16v - K889 DSG scrapped :-(
ZX16v - L710 MGU
ZX 1.9i Volcane - Cant remember plate!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]