It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: inlet manifold go boom!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:03 am 

Max16V wrote:
ZX-16V,

Just im curious...how did the inlet manifold go boom? Was one of sensors or the diaphragms not working when this happened?

Let us know so that we can learn from it and prevent this from happening again in our cars.

Thanks mate.

will let u know next week as soon i will make a diagnostica.

for sure its not because of the diaphragms.

i was talking with a friend from Chile,he had the same problem,3 times the inlet manifold go boom!!, after he made a diagnostica they found that the camshaft sensor is the problem(the blue sensor near the right vacum pipe).

but now i have install the MI16 inlet manifold and the car runs from 4200 rpm.. boost..amazing power! but i have a big problem...untill 3500 rpm(in any gear) the car runs smooth...at 3500 to 4200 rpm there is a big ugly "cutting/hole" like the engine is wet from fuel ,the feeling in that moument is like the leg goes off from the gaz pedal.

any ideas?

Post subject: Same problem
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:12 pm 

First,sorry for not very good english.

My car have the same "hole".My 16V is with Mi16 inlet and exhaust manifolds,chiptuning,K&N air filter,63 mm exhaust pipe,without catalysator,240 cc injectors,4 bars fuel presure and other small intervations :)And i decide test it on DYNO.After runs i see the graphics and between 3500 and 4000 RPM AFR is 10.20,but whith ACAV inlet manifold AFR is 13.00.The fuel between this RPM is too much with Mi16 inlet manifold!I think we need different engine manegmant system,like megasquirt.I will upload my Dyno graphics soon.I have Dyno with ACAV and Mi16 inlets.And you wiil see.
Success!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:18 am 

i will get a final answer on sunday but it look like the MAP sensor is dead in my ECU,i try another ECU from S16 and the engine was working perfect!,so i realy hope its "just" the MAP sensor .

Post subject: Re: Same problem
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 am 

BTW- if you press the gas pedal in minmum way and let the car speed up slowly(not like pressing full gas)..still the engine have "cutting\hole" in the range of 3500-4200RPM ?

After all the mods you did,how many HP you got on DYNO?

i did to my engine,porting,pulished the head but never cheaked it on a dyno. but i cheaked it with 306 GTI6 ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:59 pm 

OK! , good news,the problem was the Knock sensor,i replaced it and no "cutting\holles" any more and the feeling i get from the engine after installing the MI16 intake manifold is very good and the car much more strong and also in the low RPM there is a torqe just in 4000RPM there is a very very very small delay but over all i think its better than the original 16V intake manifold.

will cheak it with S16 and let u know if its just a feeling or the car is stronger compare to standart RFY\RFT engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:38 pm 

Sounds good :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:32 pm 

ZX-Cruiser wrote:
Sounds good :)

TNX ,also the engine ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:45 am 

so what parts do you need to do this conversion to the later inlet? is it simple?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]