It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: installing RFS engine,
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:32 pm 

Hello guys,

I need some help with some info about taking OFF from my 94' ZX 16V the original RFY engine and installing RFS engine,the one from the GTI6/Dakar/Xsara VTS.

I will get the engine in the next week(i hope!) with the origianl gear,ECU,Loom,Steering wheel pump,starter,alternator and the two Intakes.

as far as i understand the engine goes "plug&play" with all the sensors connected to the loom from the ECU,

what can be a problem is the second part of the loom that goes inside the car and some wiring mods need to do and here it can be "plug&pray",

if someone have any info or some links to this kind of project i will be happy to know.

Best Regards
Guy

BTW-The engine is from 2000' Xsara VTS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:09 pm 

Topicmove -> Under the Hood

Post subject: Re: installing RFS engine,
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 am 

hi,

i wanted to update you guys about my project.

the RFS engine is now runing at my 94' ZX 16V -its totaly great engine compare to the RFY engine,167 HP of fun and racing.the project was kind of easy,we took the original engine out and put the RFS engine,we did some few changes in the loom,not somthing hard,and the engine was runing great.

also i did some few mods,i did remap to the ecu with superchips,15HP+ and change the camshafts to KENT PT80 camshafts 18HP+ this kit is plug&play

,this two mods made the car to drive like mad,the feeling is great to drive on a ZX 16V with 200HP non turbo engine.

i recomand this setup to any one that drives a ZX 16V 150HP and thinking to make some mods or to buy a WRX for getting more power.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:03 pm 

so it was a easy swap then well worth it.any tricky pits or anything to hassles u

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:28 pm 

it was very easy,it was plug and play,the loom was the "hard" issue but over all it was easy,now i have some kind of a problem when the engine is runing in nutral the rpm is around 900 and some time it goes down to 800 rpm and the ecu correct it by rise it to 1100rpm and than the rpm goes down to 900rpm,maybe the step motor is not good....(?)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]