It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: vacum pipes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:30 pm 

HI, im new to this, ive recently baught a 2.0 16v, ive been trying for nerly 12 years to buy this car and eventually the guy who owned it agreed to sell it, but there is a few problems, its been parked in a shed for about 10 years because it started to overheat and its only been started about 3 times since been parked, i tried to start it today but it wont fire up, the fuel is coming up to the fuel rail but the vacum pipe on the fuel pressure regulator isnt connected to anything and i cant find where to connect it, and all the vacum hoses are mixed up and not connected correctly, does anyone have a diagram for the vacum hoses as im in great need, thanks

Post subject: Re: vacum pipes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

I assume it is the 155hp ACAV engine?

Between the inlet runners there are nipples which are used for vacuum lines. One of those should go to the fuel pressure regulator. The other should go to the electric solenoid valve that controls the ACAV.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:28 pm 

thanks yea its the 155bhp engine, yea ive tried those but the pipes are different diameter and wont go on, so i was thinkin that they must go somewhere else, i did temporarily connect the regulator up to both pipes and still no joy, and the car came with a haynes manual but it dosnt have any diagrams for the vacum hoses, this is gonna be fun sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

I don't have diagrams at hand, but if you take pictures of the connecting points that you think are wrong we can sort it out. Even with the fuel pressure regulator disconnected the car should start and idle btw.
Have the overheating issues been solved?
10 years of not running is a really long time, did you take proper actions to get the car running after such long time?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 am 

Where are you located ? Was the fuel new in the tank or was it the 10yr old stuff ?

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 am 

thanks,ill get some pics up tonite, and all ive done was checked the T-belt and checked for spark, i replaced the plugs and new battery, i also drained the tank and put in new petrol, the overheating problem hasnt been solved (thats another issue ill tell you about when i get time tonite youll laugh), i only want to get it started so i can move it in and out of the workshop, i have another project to finish off first, and i also done a compression test, cylinder 1 has only 6bar, cylinder 2 has less then 1bar, cylinder3 has 2bar, cylinder 4 has 4 bar, i hope to get the restoration started in around 3 weeks and remove the engine and totally rebuild it, i am now thinking that it could be the injectors are not opening could be the ecu, i have my fun cut out for me on this one, and im in Co Tipperary Ireland, thanks for the help lads

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

With those compression figures it will never run, way too low...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm 

hi again,i know the compression numbers are bad but ive seen cars to still run with these numbers, i decided to revome the injectors and 3 of them wern't working, lookily i had a set out of a 1.4 xsara and reassembeled the fuel rail, turned it over and yup she started rumming lumpy but she started, so i will be upgrading the injectors during the rebuild, i said id tell you about the overheating prob, the last owner was driving the car when a water hose split, he drove it about 6km to the main dealer while boiling, they done all the work to get her back to "tip top" condition titter at the cost of over 600 pound, and after a few days of driving it decided to start boiling again so he just parked it up and has been ever since, plus the ACAV hasnt worked since, also the interior heater rad was leaking so they just bypassed it, so ill also be replacing that, i have to say the workmanship is unbelivable for a main dealer they should of been reported :evil: , i could still do with any kind of diagrams or pics of vacum pipes, thanks pics comin soon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:49 pm 

Sounds like a nice find , good luck with the work and I can't wait for some pics

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:59 pm 

there's no way to upgrade the injectors without having the ecu mapped which will cost you £400, your best bet is to get those cleaned up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

I'm surprised it ran! Sounds like a massive resurrection.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]