It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 am 

sooooooo why I've not been doing the ZX:

yup its smee on the roof! :roll:
Hopefully we at least start tieling tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:09 am 

You're building a garage for the ZX? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:36 am 

That's nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:53 am 

lol yeah I wish!! That'll come - our barn, all 45ft of it is rolling over backwards somewhat rapidly :roll:
This is one of the extensions to the rear of the pearants house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:35 pm 

hahaha as happy as can be on that roof.is the zx next on the work list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:43 am 

well with the roof dragging on (we hope to have it finished next week) & not being able to find the key part for my project I'm left to spend some cash on these:

Sure I can make them fit the ZX............. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:36 am 

will be nice to c the car wen finished or maybe on the road hee hee.were u planing on puting them?

Post subject: Re: My ZX
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 am 

Update.

Right well after some very long thoughts I have come to the hard decision to terminate my project, due to a number of things, but mostly I own a classic mr2 which I want to get started so I need the garage space. (yup I got a garage now! lol) I also own a modified 106 GTi which, being modified is filling alot of the roles the ZX would.
So to that end, this weekend I plan to start sorting through my ZX parts & selling up. These parts will include, smoothed front & rear bumpers, full 16v kit, smoothed mk2 grille, delocked doors & a stack of factory parts, including a brand new bonnet.
I will of course offer the parts on here first before banging them up on ebay.

It is a big shame but things move on.

So the 'secrects' well there was only one real biggie - 3.0l V6.
That was the plan. Take a 'ph2' v6 from a C5, using the Autobox & drop it into the ZX. The engine would have then had, Clio V6 intake, cames, injectors & exhaust to boost power. The supercharger would also have been bolted on. I would have run a twin program ecu to allow the 'charger to be switched off. The supercharger would also have engaged on kickdown for short periods of time to allow for 'improved' overtaking. The gearbox software would have been rewritten to decrease change times & the Range Rover side vents would be flush fitted into the bonnet to aid cooling.
The reason I was going for the Auto rather than a manual is it would suit ther engine much better. Being a V6 it is a lazy power delivery & a auto box would work well with that. Also the installation would be much easier. Also we all know how bad a twin cam can be 'off cam' let alone a quad cam, with a auto you nail it & it will find the power, every single time.
Exterior wise it would look pretty standard, only people that know about ZX's would know it was something a little special. The give aways would have been obviously the exhaust (running a total bypass system, to make it a striaght through but still use the tips) the 4 pots front & rear & the custom rear lights - clear lens jobbies with Range Rover internals. The headlights would have been custom made using LED's - remember this was planned long before Audi did it. Oh & a boot spoiler, standard 16v type but with a hi-level brake light in. The paint would have been the standard Greeny-Blue colour the Elations came in, although slightly darker, but with a input of flake to make it really pop. There would have been a couple of hidden bullett cameras fitted, front & rear. The bumpers & skirts would have been finished off with Volvo V40 splitter & spat kit.
The most visually impressive would have been the custom made Lambo doors, electric of course, with a switch in the center console to open & another in the bottom edge of the door to close - & of course those custom wing mirrors.

The interior would have consisted of a complete black on black setup with a custom made dashboard that blended seamlessly down into a 'floating' centerconsole, through & into the ice install, which consisted of 2x 12" Subs, multipule amps, handful of speakers, twin CD changers etc etc.

I did toy with the idea of running a Golf/S3 4WD setup to help put that power down, but costs were already mounting so I shelved that idea early - something to be used to 'reinvent' the car later in its life.

So there we go. I have no doubt the car would have seriously fast - even with the ice installed & its a real shame I won't be scairing much more expensive kit - & myself!, but as I said before, things move on I have other commitments & running 2 'modified' cars is just not practical.

Keep a eye out for the For Sale posts coming some time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

Well ,that were some serious plans! A shame the ZX has to go, but it's quite understandable...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:41 pm 

needs must i suppose i had a few modifed cars for a while doing them up but i opped to keep my 2 zxs but im sure u wil lhave fun with ur other cars. shame though as i enjoyed ur ideas and ur wee web page.glad u finaly got ur shed up lol :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:34 pm 

Soooo here's how she would have looked:

Its been a proper rollercoaster of emotions, especially when I took the above shots. Just made me want to keep her, but alas........here's the sale link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320438672220

:(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:29 pm 

Lol I offered you £10 or something for that! LOL!

It's a nice bit of work actually you should finish it but you need a good engine for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:47 pm 

awell awellll i wonder did u manage to sell it or will u just have to finish it of mmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:43 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320499532905

On ebay again, really want to move the old girl on now.

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3