It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Page 4 of 4 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Citroen ZX 16V
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:43 am 
Site Admin

I've thought about that but, a standard engine with bodies probably does 185hp/210Nm-ish max? That's nog enough bang for my bucks, would sound awesome though frown

Fitted the Raceland to the Saxo and it was still leaking :evil: Turned out the primary pipes of the manifold are much bigger dan the exhaust ports in the head and my aftermarket gaskets had extra holes for a different engine/car. So gas went straight past the gasket, fixed that by also using the old metal gaskets at the flange side.

Besides the gasket fail, it is absolut stupid that the primary pipes are about 8~10 mm bigger in diameter, I probably have less hp due to vortexes formed around the gasket. I thought they designed the manifold for the 1.6 8V head and I can't imagine that the 1.4 head has bigger exhaust ports. Does the 1.6 16V have bigger exhaust ports? If so than it was designed for that engine and they just welded a 8V flange on.

Post subject: Re: Citroen ZX 16V
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:18 pm 

Most of those mani's are indeed for 16V. I'm not sure if there's a raceland for 8v's? I have a 16V one on the AX 16V project.

Page 4 of 4 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4